• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trading Phones

sr1982

Oct 4, 2009
Not sure if this is the correct place, but I was curious what everyone would do in a scenario where you are trading phones with another poster. This is the scenario...

Person 1 has a phone for trade that has a clean ESN number but is not being used. Person 2 has the phone person 1 is trading for, however person 2's phone is activated and is their everyday user phone. Person 2 said to send the phone then they would activate it then after activating would send their phone to person 1.

My question is, would you trust this or how would you go about doing the trade? Is there a resource on paypal where money can be sent from person 2 and held by person 1 until person 2's phone arrives then reimbursed?

2514661197_e3123a2a86.jpg

Upvote 0
You have no way of deactivating your phone before you get your new one. So you would have to send an activated phone to someone you don't know and there are way to many scammers out there nowadays, so I wouldn't do it.

Either I stated it wrong or people are misinterpreting my original post. The phone I am trading is NOT activated. The person who wants my phone has an activated phone and wants me to send my phone so they can deactivate theirs and activate mine then send me their phone back.

Sorry for the confusion.

Upvote 0
Don't be ******ed...or cheap. If you posted on here asking us, then you obviously have your doubts about this guy. Buy a new phone or send him that one and see what happens. If you get robbed, let us know...It's been a rough week and I need a good laugh.

The unanimous decision here was to NOT do it. If you have to post again to 'clarify' your original post, you obviously don't care what we think.

Upvote 0
Don't be ******ed...or cheap. If you posted on here asking us, then you obviously have your doubts about this guy. Buy a new phone or send him that one and see what happens. If you get robbed, let us know...It's been a rough week and I need a good laugh.

The unanimous decision here was to NOT do it. If you have to post again to 'clarify' your original post, you obviously don't care what we think.

Not really sure how this means I am "cheap" but ok. I had my doubts about the guy that is for sure, which is why I posted here looking for feedback. I ended up getting a money offer instead so I went with that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones