• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transfer Apps from another phone to SG2

jeffj318

Dec 23, 2011
I placed the SD card from my LG Optimus in the SG2 with apps on the card.
I don't see any of the apps showing. I did D/L on from the play store and my account on the phone and that worked. What about paid apps? Will they D/L without me having to pay for them again. And ... cam scanner was on both the phone and the SD card as there was a purchased part of it that was needed for full use. Thanks for the help. (I do see the music is on the phone from the SD card.)

I'm not 100% sure how it works, but unless you used an app to backup your apps to the card and then restored them you probably wouldn't see them. Only your LG system would know it had put some apps on the sd card.

You should be able to download the key you need for your cam scanner.

Going from one phone to another, I would recommend using a fresh sd card. Either new or formatted.

Reactions: jeffj318
Upvote 0
I'm not 100% sure how it works, but unless you used an app to backup your apps to the card and then restored them you probably wouldn't see them. Only your LG system would know it had put some apps on the sd card.

You should be able to download the key you need for your cam scanner.

Going from one phone to another, I would recommend using a fresh sd card. Either new or formatted.

I like your idea, except I am showing music from the SD card which I would like to keep. Perhaps, store the music on the phone and then re-format the card?

If I download cam scanner again will the key be sent? I don't want to lose what I had scanned already. Thanks for your help again.

Upvote 0
I like your idea, except I am showing music from the SD card which I would like to keep. Perhaps, store the music on the phone and then re-format the card?

Yes, you should be able to do that.

If I download cam scanner again will the key be sent? I don't want to lose what I had scanned already. Thanks for your help again.

Did you get it from the Play Store and have to buy this license? If so, you can just install the license again after you install CamScanner. Instead of saying $4.99 BUY it should say purchased and you can just download again.

Reactions: jeffj318
Upvote 0
Yes, you should be able to do that.

Did you get it from the Play Store and have to buy this license? If so, you can just install the license again after you install CamScanner. Instead of saying $4.99 BUY it should say purchased and you can just download again.

You are correct. It did download except I did not have what I had scanned from the other phone. That is fine as I had emailed the docs to myself.

I just reformatted the card and will load new music. Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones