• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer pics to SD card.. NOT

JohnRob330

Lurker
Jun 30, 2017
I have had an HTC M8, M9 and now have the M10. Using the same micro SD card in the M8 and M9 I never had a problem transferring the pictures or creating new folders. Now that I have the M10 it will not let me move pictures to the SD card. No I have not formatted it as I never did with the M8 or M9 maybe the M10 has to have some type of permissions. Does anybody else have this problem?

Could be your micro-SD has actually failed. Going read-only and not writing new data is a failure mode that they can sometimes do. Can the M10 see the pics, data, etc. that's already stored on there? Definitely worth trying to reformat it. Also try it back in your old phone, if you can. Micro-SDs like all flash storage media, can and does eventually wear out.

Upvote 0
Could be your micro-SD has actually failed. Going read-only and not writing new data is a failure mode that they can sometimes do. Can the M10 see the pics, data, etc. that's already stored on there? Definitely worth trying to reformat it. Also try it back in your old phone, if you can. Micro-SDs like all flash storage media, can and does eventually wear out.

THANKS But it works fine. Have tried it back in the M9.  Yes the M10 can read and take pics to the SD card,  I just can't tranfers/move pics or folders to the SD card.

Upvote 0
It might be the version of Android. When I first tried to move photos to my card on my "10", which was the same card I used in my M8 & M9, I had problems too. The app I used said I had to give permission to write to the SD card. When I first tried, I chose the SD card. But when the pop-up window appeared to choose the destination, I chose the entire card. Then it asked for permission. I said yes and it worked fine. I used an older version of ES file explorer. I refused to pay to get back features that the newer versions removed. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones