• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfering Photos from S6 to Lightroom

cuffbertt

Lurker
May 28, 2016
Hello everyone,

I've filled up the memory on my Galaxy S6 with loads of photos over the last year and I want to move them to Lightroom on my Mac to clear some space.

I've done a few searches but I can't find an answer (or more accurately, I can't find an answer that makes sense to me!). I was hoping that I could plug my S6 into my Mac and it would pop up on the devices part of the import page, and I could simply tick which ones I want to move to my LR catalogue, and it would move them over and free up some space. Either it's not as simple as this or I'm a moron and can't get it to work.

I've installed the Android File Transfer app on my Mac, and now this appears in the import part of LR, but not with photos etc in it, just with some of the apps that are actually on my Mac inside. I've tried changing the transfer mode from MTP to PTP by dragging down from the top of the screen etc, but then that stops the transfer app from recognising the phone.

I'm sure there must be something simple that I'm doing wrong, but I can't for the life of me get it to work?

Or is this not possible and I have to manually move each photo over to my Macs desktop and then import them into LR that way?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones