• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring Files

Hi, I'm new to the Xoom (so is everybody else) as well as the Android operating system. I was wondering how to transfer files such as PDFs, Word, PPT, etc. onto the Xoom.

So far the only way I have been able to do it is by e-mailing them to myself and downloading files through my e-mail account. Also, after I have these files on my Xoom, how do I organize them into folders or something similar?

Easiest way is to connect the Xoom to your PC using the USB cable that came with it. Just plug it in, and it'll show up in Windows Explorer. It will show up as a device, instead of a drive, but just open it, and place your files to your liking. You can make folders to put your stuff in, just like a regular PC drive.
If you get a message saying the device can only store the files, not open them, just copy them anyway. They should work.

Reactions: BigKayDaddy
Upvote 0
Easiest way is to connect the Xoom to your PC using the USB cable that came with it. Just plug it in, and it'll show up in Windows Explorer. It will show up as a device, instead of a drive, but just open it, and place your files to your liking. You can make folders to put your stuff in, just like a regular PC drive.
If you get a message saying the device can only store the files, not open them, just copy them anyway. They should work.
Thanks for the quick and thorough response. I'll try that today.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones