• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transferring photos and videos from your phone to computer

First off, I am a computer idiot. I went on vacation and took several photos and videos with my Epic. I put the USB cord into the computer, clicked mass storage, USB was connected, and my computer recognized the new hardware.

Now, I went to "my computer", clicked all the removable disk options, and cannot find where the hell the phone info is.

I'm sure there is a simple explanantion, but being a computer idiot, I am completely lost !!!!

Try opening My Computer before you plug your phone in, then when you do it, you should see the drive appear. They should be in a folder labled "DCIM," which I think is a subfolder of "Media" on your SDCard.

Or you could do what I do and just upload them using the Dropbox app, then download them onto your computer from dropbox.com

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones