• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring photos from pc to phone but not showing on phone

So I plug my phone into my pc using the usb port then it doesnt do anything so I have to hit the drop down menu on the vibrant and click "mount phone" is that correct? then on my pc it bring up the menu where it says "open folder to view files" ..I do that and then I open the folder "dcim" which contains another folder that says "photos" and I open that and it shows my pictures that are on the phone...Then I take the pictures that I want on my pc to my phone and drag and drop them into that "photos" folder and they go in on the pc properly but when I go to my phone and try to open them they arent showing there....can anyone help me with this please? this is my first droid phone and im having a lot of difficulty learning how to use it.

One thing that can be happening is that the phone is unable to display the size/quality of the photos you are transferring *OR* they are in a different format than the phone supports (ie. .jpeg instead of .png, or whatever)

Depending on the number of pictures I would do a couple of tests:
1. try emailing yourself the pictures and saving them from the email
2. try bluetooth-ing them to your phone and see if they can be seen that way.

I realize it should "just work" - but sometimes you have to find a way "around" technology LOL.

Upvote 0
One thing that can be happening is that the phone is unable to display the size/quality of the photos you are transferring *OR* they are in a different format than the phone supports (ie. .jpeg instead of .png, or whatever)

Depending on the number of pictures I would do a couple of tests:
1. try emailing yourself the pictures and saving them from the email
2. try bluetooth-ing them to your phone and see if they can be seen that way.

I realize it should "just work" - but sometimes you have to find a way "around" technology LOL.

Thanks I tried the email thing and it worked. I guess its the file type.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones