• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transformer in France

Much of Europe uses 220V, 50Hz. US power is almost always 110V, 60Hz.

It's EXTREMLY hard to "convert" the hertz (Hz). Most times you CAN'T. Since the charger I have (US model) says "Input 100-240V 50/60Hz" you will be good without converters.

You WILL need an adapter plug, the outlets on the wall are a different size/shape. That might be cheaper to buy over there than looking around in the US for it.

It might even charge faster. :)

BTW, don't take any plugin alarm clocks or microwave ovens. :)
They just don't run right- since they use the Hz of the power for timing, since the Hz has to be very exact. (or the powergrid doesn't run right. Saw recently the US might experiment with allowing some fluctuation from region to region, welcome to a wave of fried electronics...)

Upvote 0
^^^I second that..you will NOT need a converter..just an adapter for the different shape plug. Walmart, Radioshack, etc have them real cheap.

Wifi should be no problem. Travelling with an android phone, I found it to be easy as anything to connect to wifi-I wouldn't expect any difference with the Transformer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones