• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

travel talk/roaming

cocokasper

May 13, 2012
Bay Area CA
has anyone found an exploit to successfully connect a roaming call without paying into the connect account.

I wonder if anyone has even tried. like for instance the Merto LG esteem has a verizon model; with verizon prls and such.... in theory there should be a way to do it. When I roam it allows texts, but verizon wont connect the call unless I have money in the connect account.

there's got to be an exploit on the handset side so you don't need to pay 19c per minute to use verizons towers.

so does anyone know a way to roam without paying into the connect account?
my phone can connect to verizon and make calls if I pay, so there's got to be a way to exploit it, and just make calls.

it's BS because my new house is like 4 blocks outside the metro coverage area, and I have full bars with verizon. I shouldn't have to pay 19c per minute to call a friend up the street from my house. lol.. irritating.

be great to roam (like the wifi tether) without paying extra.

Upvote 0
it is not necessarily illegal. you can't go to jail, but you can get the boot from metro if you are caught. what you are asking is a prl hack which i'm not familiar with your phone. there is a way to do it for the my old og evo.....but i have not seen anything for the lg esteem....you might want to hit up the lg esteem root forums and see if anybody knows how to do it......just keep in mind you can get the boot for it as it will be a breach of your TOS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones