• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Triumph Accessory Talk

FWIW,
I use a small Bluetooth Receiver coupled with a pair of amplified speakers normally used with a computer, and find this product to work well. I personally don't want to add cycles to my phone's earphone jack:

A2DP BLUETOOTH HEADSET STEREO AUDIO RECEIVER ADAPTER | eBay

I have not tried it with my home stereo, but imagine it would work well there also. Also if you have an ACC input on a car stereo, but it doesn't support BT, this would be an option.

Upvote 0
It could be that I'm just used to putting protective screens on. I've got them on everything. And I agree, the first couple of times I began putting the screens on, I got a ton of bubbles that I had to tear the screen off and throw it away. But I got the hang of beginning to peel the screen off, placing it where I wanted it on the phone (tv, mp3 player, whatever) curling it back and just laying it down slowly, watching for bubbles and if any large bubbles appeared, pulling back and laying it down again, using the force of the protective screen to squeeze out bubbles at first.
Then I took a credit card and starting from the center, squeezed out as many of the bubbles as I could. There were still a few small ones left and I thought they might be a problem but turning the screen on I couldn't see the bubbles. Then, the next day, the tiny bubbles had disappeared.
And no, I don't use water with these. But I think luck is definitely needed when putting each one of these on. No two are the same.
LOL I'm usually not too spazzy with shields - I have them on everything I own, and this brand usually does me right, even if they are disposable - I'm thinking I got a gnarly batch. I paid $15 for my iPad shields that last six months or more, so maybe I'm just setting the bar too high. The important thing is that my makeup can't get all smeared up into my new 'baby.' :)

Upvote 0
After constantly reading on this forum for the past few months I decided to finally join here and this is my 1st post.

As far as a screen protector goes, I've always bought them online at Amazon by a seller Prestige Solutions. I just bought my Triumph screen protector from them yesterday. I trust these guys and they are awesome. Here's the link:

amazon.com/gp/product/B005AMF68Y?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1

How do these work with the water install? Do you still get bubbles that won't come out?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Got a case over ebay.
PURPLE CURVE HARD CASE COVER MOTOROLA TRIUMPH ACCESSORY | eBay

It's real nice in my opinion. Love the look.
Worth the $7- I spent on it with free shipping.

It's a bit tough to get off once it's on though. Have to hold it real close and just pull from the edges on the face side and pray it doesn't break. I've had no reason to take out my battery. So I won't have to remove it much.

There's also a couple "holes" on it. One looks like a SDcard slot access, and the other is on the back showing the notch at the top of the battery access panel.

Overall I give it an 8 out of 10.

There are a few choices in design besides this one too.

Reactions: melissapugs
Upvote 0
Does anyone think the LG G2X charging dock will work with the triumph??
The dimensions are almost perfectly right... the Triumph is... 4.8 x 2.5x 0.4

The LG is...2.5 x 4.9 x 0.4 in.

I might give it a try for $15 bucks! Let me know your thoughts before I buy.

Thanks

I am willing to let you try it for $15. Let us know. Also send us a link to the actual product you found. I have found a couple of them...

Reactions: tri_umph
Upvote 0
For $5 this is what I'm using for the car mount. I've been using it my Intercept for a few months and when I got the Triumph, it fits no problem. I love it because its small size makes it unobtrusive even with the phone mounted.

Car Windshield Mini Holder Swivel Mount for Cell Phone (5.0~7.5cm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

(Picture taken with the old Intercept lol)
8yz9a.jpg

How are you mounting it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones