• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble connecting to open network with NON broadcast SSID

knightshade

Jul 20, 2011
I've noticed that I have issues connecting to networks that don't broadcast their SSID.

The WIFI at work is unfortunately like that (open network, but SSID is not broadcast) - and it would be ideal if I wasn't reliant on the 3G data during the day.

I can connect to it just fine from my original Moto Droid, as well as from my Color Nook (running CM7).

Has anyone else experienced this with the Triumph?
Any solutions or work arounds?

That issue aside - I've been pretty happy with my Triumph.
Still evaluating if I'll be happy leaving Verizon to move to VM's coverage.

I have this problem too.

My wifi's SSID is not broadcasted, MAC filtered, and WPA protected.

It takes 5 seconds for my Intercept to connect to wifi through toggling on the 'power control' widget.

For my Triumph, however, it doesn't connect through the 'power control' widget. When I go to 'Wireless & network settings', it says that my network is not in range, when it clearly is. I have to go into 'Wi-Fi settings', turn it off, turn it back on, WATCH it rescan, obtain IP address, then it FINALLY connects. It's inconvenient having to do that every time I want to connect to wireless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones