• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble Deleting SMS

KzA

May 25, 2010
I have had the 'low memory' notification on my phone for a while, plus Handcent has been extremely laggy lately... so I decided to delete some of my SMS as I have never deleted them and Im sure I have thousands...

I have tried to delete the threads in handcent, force delete in handcent, and delete in the stock messages app.. and every single time the phone winds up hanging and eventually the program will FC.

How can I get these texts off of here?

I have had my droid for 5 months now. Only deleted texts once. I now have several thousand texts and my Eris is running really slow. Is the only method to delete these threads one at a time and wait for hours and hope it does not lock up. I am at a loss and ready to run this thing over with my car?
HELP!!! Please!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones