• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble with Hard Reset Samsung Moment

Hey guys,

I am locked out of my Samsung Moment. I had a password set and tried it too many times and was presented with the screen that asks for my gmail information which I conveniently forgot. Tried to reset it through Google and cannot verify my gmail account. Anyway, I tried a hard reset: remove battery and replace, simultaneously press VOLUME DOWN+SEND KEY+END KEY and the little bar at the bottom of the screen loads to about 80% and then starts over again and again. I also tried removing the battery, reinstall then simultaneously press SEND+HOME BUTTON+END which brings me to the self test menu. This menu doesn't have a "Hard Reset" option. The only option that resembles a Hard Reset option is RESET but that just reboots the phone. I am surprised that I have not found a duplicate of this issue online from anyone else. Is there any other way that I can hard reset my phone? Thank you!

Damon

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones