• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Truncated market categories

I'm based in Australia and about six weeks ago the market here started having problems with categories being truncated.

For example, according to Google market, there's only about 180 paid educational apps and only 23 paid racing games on Android.

It randomly affects categories, free or paid, and some are not affected at all, showing the full 480 apps.

I've seen it on the web version on every browser I've tried, the old market app and the new one.

I only noticed it because my app got clipped from it's category list because the list was truncated.

Is anyone else seeing this? I've been trying really hard to report it to Google using the email system for the last six weeks, but they stopped replying to me after a brief exchange. I'm starting to worry if I keep spamming them with "is anyone there?" emails, my account will get banned.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones