• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trying to restore to stock after installing CM13

I'm trying to reset this phone to stock and it just isn't cooperating. I had fastboot working enough to load the stock recovery on there but than I went to try to use the RUU it would just crash after the Terms and Conditions. So I looked up the solution and it was downloading a bunch of C++ Redistributables. It still didn't work and than I noticed it also wanted me to have the HTC Sync Manager installed so I did that. When that didn't help I uninstalled it. Now when I go into fastboot it just says "waiting on any device". It says Fastboot USB on the phone. The Device Manager reads it as "My HTC". I've been at this for hours and any help at this point would be a blessing. it is a A5_CHL Virgin Mobile variant.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones