• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TunesRemote+ troubleshooting help please

jptrsn

Lurker
Nov 4, 2011
Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded from using an Airport Express as my wireless AP to a TP-Link TL-WR740N. My wifi network has a MacBook Pro, Win7 netbook, and Nexus S android phone all connected properly. After much fiddling with security settings, I managed to connect two Airport Express units as remote speakers. I still have a Vista PC that has not yet successfully connected to the network.

Before changing my access point, I was using the TunesRemote+ app on my android to connect to two different iTunes libraries. Both iTunes are running the latest version. Since switching, I have not been able to connect to either library from my phone. Home sharing is working properly between the two libraries, but I am not able to detect either library from the app's search function. On one machine, I can try to manually add the remote device, but I get stuck in a loop where I enter the passcode, but the phone does not seem to accept it.

I know that the iTunes settings are correct. They have not changed since I had successfully connected. I know that the phone and computers are all on the same wifi network. I know that home sharing is set up properly. I know the libraries are looking for remotes. I have opened the ports on the computers' firewalls, and they are working.

I have eliminated every variable except for my router's firewall, but I do not think that it restricts traffic between computers within the LAN (am I right?)

I have tried opening ports 3689 and 5353 on the router. It doesn't seem to help.

What am I missing here? I've tried searching on the net, but I haven't found much help anywhere. I'm not interested in connecting from the internet to my library, only from within my LAN.

Can anyone help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones