• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn off headphone remote controls

Faefnir

Lurker
Oct 18, 2020
I bought a pair of bluetooth wireless headphones. Everything works fine, except for one small detail: it seems that the touch controls are too sensitive. Since I never use them and they just get in my way, is there any way to disable them?

Headphones brand: AUKEY EP-T28
Android version: 6.0

Thanks in advance

Not familiar with them, or any bluetooth headphones, at all.

But, I do use bluetooth speakers of multiple types.

What I have found is that there are differences in how the controls work depending on the speaker and/or device.

For instance- I have a small, portable speaker that when used on one device, it is best to turn the volume all the way up on the speaker itself and to then control the volume with the device.

This same speaker, however, when used with a different device, will not allow separate controls like that.
If I bring the volume up on the speaker, it automatically brings up the volume of the device- and visa versa.

Also, different devices have different options for bluetooth, and these can be hidden away inside your developer options.

If you have not enabled developer options on your device, you can do a quick search for how to do so, or we can give you the general gist of it here.

Also, if you don't know already, on the devices that I deal with, the volume for bluetooth devices is a separate volume (only accessible when bluetooth is connected) and so does not affect the volume of plug in headphones, the built in speaker, or any other sound option.
(Of course, your device may vary in this regard, but I have not seen one that did yet.)

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
BT headphone and speaker remote controls are done via the BT Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) which works with the BT Advanced Audio Distribution Profile, that streams the stereo audio. And I don't think the AVRCP can be disabled or configured separately, not without a specific app from the headphone or speaker manufacturer, like Sony or Bose makes, or maybe there's a setting in your particular media player?

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones