• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn on button

Well, if you go down the custom rom route, you'll be in heaven. They have that and a whole lot more (if you want it).

If you're into rooting, check out the 'unrevoke' method (search it in google), its a simple one click root which gives you super user permissions and allows you to install custom roms, radios and a whole lot more which will totally expand your android experience.

Check out XDA, its heaven.

Ash

Upvote 0
Thanks - Is it really simple because Iam a novice (Although I did manage to flash my Nokia N900 and overclock the processor, but I did get step by step instructions from a very helpful guy on the Nokia forum)

Is it as easy as say, jailbreaking the iphone. Will it invailidate my warranty? My phone was bought sim free.

Cheers

If you root your phone it will invalidate your warranty, but as you have a sim free version it is easy to switch back to the generic software.
Rooting the phone is fairly straight forward using the unrevoked tool, as you have done something along these lines it does help.
Remember though you do this at your own risk, but it is worth the effort.

Upvote 0
If you root your phone it will invalidate your warranty, but as you have a sim free version it is easy to switch back to the generic software.
Rooting the phone is fairly straight forward using the unrevoked tool, as you have done something along these lines it does help.
Remember though you do this at your own risk, but it is worth the effort.

Dude. Snap!

Upvote 0
I have now downloaded "Widget lock" and that works perfectly!!:D

(Apart from a slightly annoying click, click,click sound when I lock the screen - can this be turned off?) Edit - now sorted - it was the stock sound conflicting with the app - turned off sound on stock annd left it on with the widget - now just one click sound!

Thanks for everyones help on this(particularly T

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones