• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

turn screen on by time?

marklyn

Jun 9, 2010
Does anyone know of an app that will turn my tablet screen on at a programmed time?
I have my tablet next to my bedside in a stand and I have an app that turns the screen off at 11pm.
My alarm app that goes off M-F at 6:25 turns my screen on for the alarm, etc, but on Sat/Sun, I don't use the alarm so I'd like something that just turns the screen on (no alarm) for those two mornings without me having to touch the tablet. I have searched high and low and there are tons of screen wake/on apps on Google play, but none of them do the one thing I want an app to do, which is to turn on the screen at a programmed time!
Has anyone seen anything like this anywhere?

I would try one of the setting type apps like Setting Profiles, Automateit, Tasker, etc. I know that with Setting Profiles, you can use a time rule and launch an app when it fires. If you can find an app that will turn your screen on, Setting Profiles will launch the app when you tell it to do so. I am sure the others mentioned above have the same capabilities; I just happen to use Setting Profiles.

BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones