• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

brightness full up super easy shortcut somehow?

BDBB

Lurker
Oct 8, 2023
I'm in bed using my tablet. I turn its brightness right down. Next day, I go to the beach. I can't use my tablet, can't see a thing. I hopelessly/blindly try swiping down twice, or with two fingers, then stabbing where I think the brightness bar might be. I tried using my jacket to cover my head and tablet, didn't work. I could not use my tablet without going inside somewhere to be able to see just enough to turn the brightness up. Android itself should have something to deal with this problem. It doesn't it seems. But is there an app to fix it? Like, four taps on the screen or something (or some other simple not requiring any screen buttons method), to turn brightness up to full. Thanks.

It can be challenging to adjust your tablet's brightness when you're outdoors in bright sunlight. While Android may not have a built-in solution specifically for this scenario, you can try the following:
  1. Adaptive Brightness: Enable the "Adaptive Brightness" or "Auto Brightness" feature on your Android device. This will adjust the screen brightness automatically based on your surroundings. You can find this option in the Display settings.
  2. Quick Settings: Swipe down from the top of your screen with two fingers to access the Quick Settings panel. Look for the brightness slider, which should be one of the first options. You can adjust it without needing to see the screen clearly.
  3. Accessibility Features: Android offers various accessibility features that can assist in this situation. You can enable features like "TalkBack" or "Magnification gestures" to help navigate the interface.
  4. Screen Curtain: If you use an iOS device, there's a feature called "Screen Curtain" that turns off the display while keeping the device on. Android may not have an identical feature, but you can achieve a similar effect by using a dark piece of cloth or a "privacy screen protector" that limits the viewing angles.
  5. Third-Party Apps: You can search for third-party apps on the Google Play Store that provide quick access to brightness settings via gestures or screen taps. Some of these apps offer customizable shortcuts.
Remember to check your device's settings and explore the accessibility features that may help you navigate your table in challenging lighting conditions. Additionally, using a screen protector with anti-glare properties can make it easier to see your tablet's screen outdoors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones