• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TV box MBOX Android 2.3 from DX

Reactions: DKunev
Upvote 0
guys... i just cant make it boot up...
it gets stuck on the android logo
it baypases any atempt of recovery boot up..
i tried the amlogic bootfiles into a clean sd... NOTHING ! it just stands stucked into a9 logo
i try ziped files...
it goes to android logo...
since i only have a CRT TV i have no HDMI so i dont know if it is loging in into hdmi and bypassing me on av or that it is just f*kd up!
please tell me i didnt get an expensive BRICK :S

Upvote 0
Hello Everybody,

Android fully newbee here.

I've received my device few days ago (v. 2.3.4 from factory) and I am facing the Date&Time problem mentioned in some other places : after each reboot, the Data&Time is reset to "nothing", and it needs dozen of minutes to synchronize with Network clock. It wouldn't be a serious problem if not hindering the rooting thru Yareg's "Rooting" package (thanks Yareg for it!), as after the mandatory reboot, the update ends with an error linked to time (assert(!less_than_int(1323765653, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")))

Is there any possibility to "Root" the device without losing the time settings in the boot process? Or to stabilize the Date&Time?

Any help appreciated. thank in advance.

Edit : The issue is solved by Yareg's new "Update_root" package as posted on DX forums. Thanks!!

Upvote 0
hi!
i bought it on the black friday deal. i got it and was pretty angry about the software.
a couple of days ago i updated it to 2.3.4 with the update that given by yareg - i think.
now i have a couple of problems:
1. i live in israel so i need and hebrew fonts - the problem is that the machine request that it will be rooted so the fonts could change.
2.another thing is that when i try to access the "play store" it says that i need to add an acccount when i press yes it drives me back to the previous scree with out the option to add an account.
thankx for any help.

Upvote 0
hi!
i bought it on the black friday deal. i got it and was pretty angry about the software.
a couple of days ago i updated it to 2.3.4 with the update that given by yareg - i think.
now i have a couple of problems:
1. i live in israel so i need and hebrew fonts - the problem is that the machine request that it will be rooted so the fonts could change.
2.another thing is that when i try to access the "play store" it says that i need to add an acccount when i press yes it drives me back to the previous scree with out the option to add an account.
thankx for any help.

i from israel too
I have not bought the device but I am considering it seriously
אתה ממליץ עליו או שזה סתם כאב ראש

Upvote 0
i from israel too
i have not bought the device but i am considering it seriously
אתה ממליץ עליו או שזה סתם כאב ראש

סתם כאב ראש.
תוציא עוד 300 שקל ותקנה סטרימר טוב...זה זול כי זה זול.

Upvote 0
סתם כאב ראש.
תוציא עוד 300 שקל ותקנה סטרימר טוב...זה זול כי זה זול.

תודה וכניראה שאוותר

Upvote 0
could you please, help me. I have switched to some videmode (I'm not sure, but something, like 720p) and video out is disappeared. I have tried to reset+power - no effects. There are no video out neither av-out nor hdmi. But system is loading, because after few minutes after reset the link LED on ethernet is flashed. Is it possible to restore it? The Firmware 2.3.4 (flashed by dx shop)
I tried to update it with both packages (firmware and amlogic_boot):
1. Insert SD card (FAT16) with 6 files in the root
2. Power off (detach power plug)
3. Press Reset
4. Power On (reset still hold)
5. Release Reset
6. Wait 10 minutes

Nothing to happens. I still see a NO SIGNAL on TV
Does it means, that I have a brick?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones