• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Twitter Notifications not working?

DanDroid

Oct 14, 2009
Ohio
Pulled trigger and bought 32gb Nexus 7 today @ Walmart. Upon boot up and login, greeted with the usual steps. After signing in, the play store downloaded all my apps (I also have LG G2). After all apps were installed, I was then greeted with the system update (KitKat). Installed and ran fine, no issues. However, for the friggin life of me I cannot get Twitter notifications. I mirrored the exact same settings from G2 to N7, come through on G2 just fine. N7 does nothing.

Uninstalled Twitter / re-installed. No affect. WTF is going on? :thinking:

**Update**

Solution - I had to go through all of the people I'm following and 'un-star' them, then re-star them. After that, the notifications started working on the N7. Why I had to do that in order to receive notifications on the N7 remains a mystery.

uc

-DanDroid

Twitter Push Notifications have been working fine on my Samsung Galaxy S4 since I set them up well over a year ago but stopped working yesterday.

I had rebooted my phone in Safe Mode so some apps wouldn't start to enable me to fix an issue but since restarting in Normal Mode, Twitter Push Notifications have not been arriving. I also have them sent by text and this is still working so it seems as though the Twitter Push Notifications process is not starting when the phone starts up.

I have tried your method of disabling and re-enabling notifications for selected Twitter users and I'm just waiting to see if it has worked but it will be difficult for me to identify all of the users from whom I receive notifications and the whole process sounds rather tedious!

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones