• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Twrp Recovery 3.0.0

BTW, one solution to the boot-looping TWRP 3.0.0 is to remove the back cover but do not remove the battery, only slide the micro-SD slightly out of the port to disconnect the connection. As soon as TWRP 3.0.o successfully boots, then slide the micro-SD back the little bit to reconnect. You can then mount the external SD in TWRP 3.0.0 and replace the back cover.

Reactions: che_edgar
Upvote 0
BTW, one solution to the boot-looping TWRP 3.0.0 is to remove the back cover but do not remove the battery, only slide the micro-SD slightly out of the port to disconnect the connection. As soon as TWRP 3.0.o successfully boots, then slide the micro-SD back the little bit to reconnect. You can then mount the external SD in TWRP 3.0.0 and replace the back cover.
I tried that before, it didn't work

Upvote 0
TWRP 3.0.0 is working fine for me. I've rebooted into it with 'adb reboot recovery' and booted into it via volume-down+power button combo. Thanks, @Bad_MOFO_33 , good job! :)
I did it too successfully a bunch a times but than blam it happened to me! Trust n believe I didn't wanna downgrade down to the older version of twrp but if that's what it takes for now to not twrploop than I suppose so be it lol!

Upvote 0
& that's exactly how I survived thee twrploop I had my microsd in my tablet & I tossed my battery in my volt & tried firing it up & it booted normally to twrp!

Reactions: jhofseth
Upvote 0
Wait so I'm confused. I flashed this and it works great, except I don't understand the whole OTG thing. I have an OTG cable and a MIDI keyboard that works with OTG. Is there anyway to make this work?

TWRP 3.0.0 works fine until it don't. search for TWRP bootloop problems some of us had recently.

Upvote 0
Wait so I'm confused. I flashed this and it works great, except I don't understand the whole OTG thing. I have an OTG cable and a MIDI keyboard that works with OTG. Is there anyway to make this work?

The point of the otg thing is so you can save your twrp backups to your USB or something instead of the phone or sd card. Not to be able to type in twrp with a keyboard.

Upvote 0
I've been using this TWRP fine. But if it can randomly start boot looping, I should probably downgrade. Is there a fixed version of 3.0.0 that doesn't have a chance of boot looping?
No
For me, the bootlooping only happened when attempting to `adb reboot bootloader` to get ready to flash the thing. Once I booted normally I reinstalled Flashify from Google Play (which is what I used the first time) and flashed it just fine.
To flash what?

Reactions: dvdavid888
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones