• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TXT message problems - can receive, can't send

Displacedmic

Mar 26, 2011
Hi guys,
I have a rooted EVO 4G theMikMik ROM android 2.3.3

I am having problems with my texts. I can receive texts no problem but can't send them out. I use handcent but i have the same problem with the stock messaging app.

When i send a message, the screen goes blank, then pops up. then my signal bars briefly vanish to an X (the symbol for no signal) and then come back. The messages just sit there perpetually with the sending circle spinning.

I did some googling and tried the following: rebooting, removing the battery, removing the sim card, clearing cache, reinstalling the app.

None of this works.

Do any of you have any suggestions? I suspect my simcard might be going bad but this is the only symptom - voice, data, bluetooth and GPS all work fine - just no outgoing txts

any advice would be most appreciated
thanks!

in case anyone is wondering i think the culprit was indeed a failing SDcard.

I wiped and reinstalled my ROM (MikG) and that fixed it for a while but eventually it started failing again along with refusing to save photos consistently etc. anyway - new card seems to be doing the trick.

thanks!

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!again
moved your thread to the rooting section.

what are you wiping and what recovery do you have?

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones