• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Ubuntu 10.04-Android Open Source Make Error

hey visarya..
i tried what u said....no luck....didnt find package sun-java5.jdk..
i am using ubuntu 10.04..64 bit...

The problem is that sun-java5 is now depreciated. If you're using a 64bit system, you should be alright just to use the sun-java-6 package, but if you're sure the java5 package is what you need, you should add the Jaunty channels (probably safest just to grab all of them ;) ) to your software sources. A quick google will show you how to do that; I can't remember off the top of my head and I don't want you to get it wrong.

Upvote 0
hey..
thnx...
new pbm tho...
i managed to get my hands on a 32 bit comp(bro's :p )..
when i initialized the repo...it confirmed saying a repo has been created in the folder...

according to the instructions given in Get Android Source Code | Android Open Source ..
a .repo directory should be created in mydroid(or wtv the name of the project folder is..)
anyways...i cant find it inside that folder..its empty...
when i tried to "make" the source code once it got downloaded...it gave me an error saying fprintf is not within scope...

any ideas..?

Upvote 0
Yeah clearsilver is definitely being a problem as of the "repo sync" I did today.
I am using Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid, 32-bit.

Installing the Sun Java 1.5 JRE/JDK (as described earlier) gets me past the -m64 problem, but then libneo_cgi won't build. First, it can't find zlib.h, so if you trick it into finding that (I tweaked the clearsilver/cgi/Android.mk file and just added external/zlib to LOCAL_C_INCLUDES) it will at least compile. Then it won't link because it doesn't have a path to libz.so (i.e. the LOCAL_LDLIBS += -lz line in that same Android.mk). I kludged that by first building libz by itself, making lz part of LOCAL_SHARED_LIBRARIES in that same Android.mk, then copying libz.so to the various directories the make needed it in (discovered by running make showcommands libneo_cgi). All of which is a complete hack and I'm sure not the right way to do it ... but I don't care about clearsilver at all, I just want a build!

Upvote 0
Confirming that commenting those .mk-files mentioned above helps at least in openSuSe 11.3 and starts compiling in 32-bit system. Maybe works on Ubuntu too, but not sure about Ubuntu.

Changing:
Code:
# This forces a 64-bit build for Java6
ifneq ($(filter 1.6%,$(java_version)),)
LOCAL_CFLAGS += -m64
LOCAL_LDFLAGS += -m64
endif

Into this:
Code:
# This forces a 64-bit build for Java6
#ifneq ($(filter 1.6%,$(java_version)),)
#LOCAL_CFLAGS += -m64
#LOCAL_LDFLAGS += -m64
#endif

Upvote 0
HI
I am using ubuntu 10.04 ( 64-bit ).I have downloaded the android 2.2 when I am try to build it show serror like this...

host Executable: acp (out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/acp_intermediates/acp)
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.so when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.4.5/libstdc++.a when searching for -lstdc++
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstdc++
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/acp_intermediates/acp] Error 1

I have followed all steps given in above threads...

I have installed java5, all the suppoting libraries said in thread still I have problem....can any one enlighten me....
Thanks in advance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones