• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ugh! I have finally had it with this POS.

For all those experiencing reboots and other weirdness after the ota, have you done a factory reset? It really seems to help updates go much smoother. Then add your apps back a few at a time. This will help pin point the issue if its a rogue app. Remember every phone is different, just because an app ran well on the dx or Droid 1, doesn't mean it won't cause an issue with the thunderbolt.

Also are any of you running task killers? This phone has so much ram its hard to believe you would need one, but I'm telling you task killers cause more trouble than they are worth.

If after everything you try, you still get reboots or battery drain, then you have a defective phone and should get it replaced. It has been notated that Verizon is replacing phones due to the random reboots so call them up!

Upvote 0
Maybe we shouldn't even talk about it. So that no one gets any ideas lol.

Change the convo. So u see Lindsay Lohans recent wardrobe malfunction Giggity Goo.

Thanks for the laugh

To be honest I use task panel extra, its not in auto kill and I only use it when needed. It's slowed the reboot down to once a day. If I don't use it periodically I have a reboot every hour almost. The phone bugs out and lags really bag if I don't use it as well...

Upvote 0
Best Buy gave me HTC's direct number due to reboot and gps issues. I contacted them and spoke with a very nice lady. She told me that they are well aware of the issues and admitted that the phone has been a major issue for them. She told me that a new phone would be sent but admitted that I would still likely have issues. I asked for her honest opinion about when these problems would be figured out. She hesitated for a few seconds and told me that they don't even have the solution yet, let alone the fix. I called Verizon and actually spoke with a helpful tech. They offered my wife and I iPhones in replace of the TB. Please dont flame me as I have never owned anything Apple, so I'm certainly not a fanboy. I just need a user friendly reliable device. I cant deal with my broken down flagship anymore.

Reactions: jj3699
Upvote 0
Best Buy gave me HTC's direct number due to reboot and gps issues. I contacted them and spoke with a very nice lady. She told me that they are well aware of the issues and admitted that the phone has been a major issue for them. She told me that a new phone would be sent but admitted that I would still have issues. I asked for her honest opinion about these problems would be figured out soon. She hesitated for a few seconds and told me that they don't even have the solution yet, let alone the fix. I called Verizon and actually some with a helpful tech. They offered my wife and I iPhones in replace. Please dont flame me as I have never owned anything Apple, so I'm certainly not a fanboy. I just need a user friendly reliable device. I cant deal with my broken down flagship anymore.

:eek: They offered iPhones? Dayummm. I love my iPhone 4 after using the Thunderbolt first. The battery life difference is day and night and everything actually just works right.

Reactions: irish
Upvote 0
chris, thanks for the positive reply. I really wanted to keep the TB, but it has failed me way to many times. Both my kids have an ipod touch and it seems to be a good fit for all of us. My biggest concern is turn by turn navigation as I used this nearly every day. I've done a lot of research and there are some you can down load from the app store. I also hate how when you send a pic on the TB, it looks horrible from the resize process. Please pm me if you have any insider tips on must have apps. Thanks, irish

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones