• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uhh... eh... phone problem?

gnarlyDUCK

Oct 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
As of yesterday AM hours, my phone seemed to not have any connection what so ever, even when displaying full bars.

I left work to home early (sick), and i recall having full battery. Woke up later than evening. Checked my phone expecting emails that usually come in through the day... nothing. Strange.

About 2 hours later, my phone was beeping "Low Battery Life".

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can usually go through just about a whole day without having to charge my phone, especially with minimal use (such as yesterday).

I noticed the sync icons kept coming on and going off more frequently.
I charged it over night, no emails/text/missed calls, yet the strength bar show full.
I get online and i have plenty of emails work/personal.
I press refresh under mail, and still nothing. I checked programs running and it looks fine.

I power off/on the phone, and its back to "normal" now.

Has this happened to anyone? Troubleshoot for next time? :thinking:

Something funky happened obviously. As soon as I started reading your post I was thinking reboot. It's healthy to reboot any device once and a while. If there is a next time, I would be taking mine into the store and asking for a replacement. But don't reboot it before you take it in. You'll enjoy the look on their faces when you have them call it and nothing happens.

Upvote 0
As of yesterday AM hours, my phone seemed to not have any connection what so ever, even when displaying full bars.

I left work to home early (sick), and i recall having full battery. Woke up later than evening. Checked my phone expecting emails that usually come in through the day... nothing. Strange.

About 2 hours later, my phone was beeping "Low Battery Life".

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can usually go through just about a whole day without having to charge my phone, especially with minimal use (such as yesterday).

I noticed the sync icons kept coming on and going off more frequently.
I charged it over night, no emails/text/missed calls, yet the strength bar show full.
I get online and i have plenty of emails work/personal.
I press refresh under mail, and still nothing. I checked programs running and it looks fine.

I power off/on the phone, and its back to "normal" now.

Has this happened to anyone? Troubleshoot for next time? :thinking:

One thing no one mentioned...

It could have been a 3g/data service outage in your area. Maybe a tower or 2 were down for some reason. If you have no service your battery will drain very fast while searching for a signal. Even if its just the data signal.

Upvote 0
Kabbie is right, that happened to me a couple of days ago. I could not even call Sprint. I went online and had a chat session with a tech who told me that they were having an outage in my area. I have 2 sprint phones and both were not working right so that is why I contacted them.

ya but read the OPs post, he had syncing going on, he didnt complain of service outage. mine did the same thing, and i was able to text and talk, which means i had service, and i literally reset my phone and the syncing hangup stopped, and my battery drained normally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones