• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK faulty device returns process?

My 2nd RMA device arrived today (no shipping email or tracking number sent beforehand so it was a surprise to me), and this one looks perfect so far, solid screen and no raise at all. All good there - phew.

BUT still no sipping labels or direction on where to sent the defective ones. Maybe they'll just let us keep them for free ..... (is that a pig I see flying past the window?)

Upvote 0
Well, it has been 8 days since I received my replacement and I still have no return label.
I just got off the phone with google and they told me I should contact TNT but I got the impression that the woman didn't really know what to suggest. I might know back and see if there is anyone who can be a little bit more helpful because I wouldn't know where to start with TNT.

Edit: Just phoned google again, and the guy I spoke to has arranged for a new label to be sent out to me and sent me email confirmation of what he said. Hopefully, this will get my problem sorted.

Upvote 0
YES! My shipping bag/ label has arrived today. Finally.

Now ... I have another quandary.

I have one shipping bag, and 2 separate defective N7s to ship from different RMAs. The bag is big enough for both. There is a consignment number and an account number allocated to the label.

Should I just pop them both in the bag and have done with it, or just send the original and wait for a second shipping label? (this is rhetorical, as I know only Google can answer the question)

I know that calling Google will just cause more confusion, and I will undoubtedly get a different answer depending upon the time of day, operator, weather etc

My only worry is that the label is device specific, and sending two will result in one going missing in action.

Those Googlers dont half make things over-complicated, dont they!

Upvote 0
Got my replacement 3 days ago (perfect, by the way) but my wallet account is still not showing any indication it has even shipped, in fact it shows nothing since they received the replacement order nearly 2 weeks ago.
Not only that, there is no AUTH/pending transaction on the credit card either and no shipping label as yet (only 3 days but the original email said within 48 hours).

So do I get in touch with Google and find out what's happening or do I keep quiet in case there has been a cock-up their end, hope they don't realise and keep hold of the faulty (but usable) N7 and take the risk that they take the

Upvote 0
Got my replTment 3 days ago (perfect, by the way) but my wallet account is still not showing any indication it has even shipped, in fact it shows nothing since they received the replacement order nearly 2 weeks ago.
Not only that, there is no AUTH/pending transaction on the credit card either and no shipping label as yet (only 3 days but the original email said within 48 hours).

So do I get in touch with Google and find out what's happening or do I keep quiet in case there has been a cock-up their end, hope they don't realise and keep hold of the faulty (but usable) N7 and take the risk that they take the

Upvote 0
Well, it has been 8 days since I received my replacement and I still have no return label.
I just got off the phone with google and they told me I should contact TNT but I got the impression that the woman didn't really know what to suggest. I might know back and see if there is anyone who can be a little bit more helpful because I wouldn't know where to start with TNT.

Edit: Just phoned google again, and the guy I spoke to has arranged for a new label to be sent out to me and sent me email confirmation of what he said. Hopefully, this will get my problem sorted.

I'm still waiting for my label after 18 days despite numerous emails to Google Play and promises it'll be sorted :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones