• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help UL Bootloader

Boowho

Mar 20, 2019
Have enabled USB Debugging under Dev Options. OEM Unlocking is greyed out.

The phone is factory unlocked; not carrier unlocked.

However, fastboot screen on phone says the device is locked.

So how do I unlock the BL on this thing??? Am I missing something??

OEM Unlocking is greyed out.

That typically indicates that the carrier isn't allowing the bootloader to be unlocked. Is/was this a Verizon device, by chance?

You could try removing the SIM, factory resetting, only connecting to WiFi to do the initial setup, and proceeding directly to Developer Options to check the OEM Unlocking status.

If that still doesn't work, then yeah, I'd return it if you bought it with the intention of unlocking the bootloader.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

This is what I got from the seller...... Seems like a load of BS?? He claimed in the EBay listing that his source for this device was "Overstocks from Google. Excellent Condition. OPEN BOX"

Thank you for contacting us. The phone is carrier unlocked.
Please do note that eBay does not require Pixel devices sold to be firmware/bootloader unlocked, and only requires the device to be carrier unlocked, and works for all carriers (which this device is indeed is). There is a difference between carrier unlocked and Bootloader/firmware unlocked, you can only get bootloader unlocked directly from Google, please see link: https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/44782/unlocked-device-vs-unlocked-bootloader

XS[[458070174][CYK2X4Z0HOPS1]]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones