• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ultimate ascend customization guide.

Me again, when I down loader the Google aps and tried to unzip it gave me an error. I just upgraded to cm7 everything elice is fine so far. Also I backed up my other sd card that had icarus on it. I placed it on my desktop. How do I transfer my apps back?

you have to flash the gapps. zip like you did cm7, dont unzip it, just move it to your sdcard and boot into recovery and flash it.

Upvote 0
you have to flash the gapps. zip like you did cm7, dont unzip it, just move it to your sdcard and boot into recovery and flash it.

hate to be a broken record and repeat other posts but I need help and im a little nervous doing this lol....

When i download the cm7 .zip folders off my computer, do I drag the ENTIRE unzipped folder on the main screen ?

im stuck on that part, im not sure if I have to unzip the folder or just install it as is...PLEASE help me out

Upvote 0
hate to be a broken record and repeat other posts but I need help and im a little nervous doing this lol....

When i download the cm7 .zip folders off my computer, do I drag the ENTIRE unzipped folder on the main screen ?

im stuck on that part, im not sure if I have to unzip the folder or just install it as is...PLEASE help me out

No you do not have to unzip it. Just drag it over to your sd card

Reactions: Antone
Upvote 0
Also, when trying to install CWM - I get the phone to the huwaei screen, and when I plug the USB in, nothing happens, there's no way for me to drag it over or extract it into the phones folder

Just stays on the Huwaei screen and nothing else

you suppose to extract the cwm.rar to your desktop, and open it and run fastboot-windows and than run install-recovery-windows, after that finish just pull the battery wait 10 sec and put battery back in and boot into recovery.

the cm7 and the gapps needs to stay zipped, Do Not Extract Them

Hi I skip this step to add this Latest Gapps: gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

What are the apps included in this so i can install them?

you need to flash gapps, so you can have your market on your phone and also to get gmail and other google apps.

Upvote 0
After reading many times this guide I decided to jumped into it, the problem I have is that my CWM 2.5.1.8 gets stuck at formatting cache (and also restoring), I was able to flash it back to stock, but I really want to try CM7, any ideas what the problem could be?

rgds, Meksyk

extract this to you desktop and install this version of cwm CWM 3.0.0.5.rar

Reactions: meksyk
Upvote 0
you suppose to extract the cwm.rar to your desktop, and open it and run fastboot-windows and than run install-recovery-windows, after that finish just pull the battery wait 10 sec and put battery back in and boot into recovery.

the cm7 and the gapps needs to stay zipped, Do Not Extract Them

you need to flash gapps, so you can have your market on your phone and also to get gmail and other google apps.

Finally did it, I figured it out that once the phone is connected to just extract it lmao..I appreciate it

Also, im doing the cm7 now, and did the restore/backup, i did that, powered off did the volume up thing, and right now it says "Firmware Update Step 2/2 installing"

Is that part of the cm7 ? The screen did say ANDROID THOUGH, AND NOT METRO PCS

Upvote 0

Hi I skip this step to add this Latest Gapps: gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

What are the apps included in this so i can install them?

Finally did it, I figured it out that once the phone is connected to just extract it lmao..I appreciate it

Also, im doing the cm7 now, and did the restore/backup, i did that, powered off did the volume up thing, and right now it says "Firmware Update Step 2/2 installing"

Is that part of the cm7 ? The screen did say ANDROID THOUGH, AND NOT METRO PCS

no, sounds like you install 2.2 from metro, to install cm7 you have to vol up, call button, and tap power.

power off phone and reboot into cwm (VOLUME ROCKER UP+CALL BUTTON+POWER)

use your track ball to select (in order) the following commands

wipe data/ factory reset
wipe cache

advanced

wipe dalvik cache

press the back button (the arrow) on your phone.
under mounts and storage, format following...
boot
data
system
cache

install .zip from sd
chose zip from sd.
choose cm7.zip
choose gapps-cm7.zip

Upvote 0
no, sounds like you install 2.2 from metro, to install cm7 you have to vol up, call button, and tap power.

power off phone and reboot into cwm (VOLUME ROCKER UP+CALL BUTTON+POWER)

use your track ball to select (in order) the following commands

wipe data/ factory reset
wipe cache

advanced

wipe dalvik cache

under mounts and storage, format following...
boot
data
system
cache

install .zip from sd
chose zip from sd.
choose cm7.zip
choose gapps-cm7.zip

weird, I already had 2.2 Froyo...I installed the CWM, and got the black screen with green text, followed those directions, and now its stuck on the metropcs screen

Upvote 0
weird, I already had 2.2 Froyo...I installed the CWM, and got the black screen with green text, followed those directions, and now its stuck on the metropcs screen

cause cm7 doesnt load that way you said it did when you press vol up, from what i seen you post, you just install metro 2.2 again.

what are the latest google apps? i skipped this step?

for google maps and stuff like that, and you have to flash it to get market on your phone.

Upvote 0
reboot system now...

nuttmeg thank you for the help thus far, you are a great person.

I just have 1 more question ?

to get the mms fixed what do I do ? From my computer do I click on the link that says to fix it, and then move the files over to my sd folder ?

Im lost on that part..

ALSO, I did reboot now and the screen is staying on the metroPCS screen right now

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
now its showing the android guy, and saying Welcome to HUAWEI-M860 touch to begin

Did the set-up screen and still have all my metro apps that I had deleted when i rooted the phone

do this turn phone off and boot into recovery, and wipe everything and format boot,data,system,cache.

you need this for mms to work http://www.mediafire.com/?q83m25ls8p5vnvi

Upvote 0
Hi there.

First off, amazing post! Just started the process and it is quite easy, so props to that.

But...

I cannot get the multiple options for formatting in CWM when trying to install CM6.

The instructions say wipe data/ factory reset and wipe cache which is fine and the options for that are there, but that's where the similarities end.

I don't have advanced or wipe dalvik cache. The only options I do have are "Reboot System", "somethingorother SD card update.zip" (which doesn't get me anywhere and just puts me back to the main menu when I pick it), "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", and Wipe Cache"

I've followed the instructions very carefully so as not to kill my only phone, so everything seems ok so far.

Any help would be much appreciated. And does this mean I have to start all over or just pick up where I left off?

Thanks again!

edit: Forgot to add I do not have the "back up" option either and the text in CWM is blue not green. Relevant?

Upvote 0
Hi there.

First off, amazing post! Just started the process and it is quite easy, so props to that.

But...

I cannot get the multiple options for formatting in CWM when trying to install CM6.

The instructions say wipe data/ factory reset and wipe cache which is fine and the options for that are there, but that's where the similarities end.

I don't have advanced or wipe dalvik cache. The only options I do have are "Reboot System", "somethingorother SD card update.zip" (which doesn't get me anywhere and just puts me back to the main menu when I pick it), "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", and Wipe Cache"

I've followed the instructions very carefully so as not to kill my only phone, so everything seems ok so far.

Any help would be much appreciated. And does this mean I have to start all over or just pick up where I left off?

Thanks again!

edit: Forgot to add I do not have the "back up" option either and the text in CWM is blue not green. Relevant?

you need to fastboot your phone and run this CWM 3.0.0.5.rar if the screen was blue and black instead of orange than you didnt install cwm.

Reactions: chevelle1313
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones