• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(un)Smiles

It appears that the latest change to the message composition screens has a line of animated smiles in it that among other things pushed the spell-check icon off the screen. (You don't want me around without a spell-check.)

You can still spell-check with a mouse button right-click on a PC.

I think you need to get it fixed.

This next one I am hoping for and I bet I'm not alone ... how about an option to COMPLETELY remove all smiles from the composition screen. It used to be OK that they were there because you could ignore them. Now they are animated and the whole time you are composing a message ... like right now ... they are running over-and-over-and-over-and-over-and-over-and-over-and-over-and - ...

... Thom

I only see it as an issue when the large ones are on the edit screen like this one that is there for me now.

:party:

Here are some of the others that mess up the rendering, but not as bad as the one above. That pushes the right side of the reply box all the way into the blue border.
:vroam:
:fight:
:burnout:
:birthday:

Upvote 0
I only see it as an issue when the large ones are on the edit screen like this one that is there for me now.

:party:

Here are some of the others that mess up the rendering, but not as bad as the one above. That pushes the right side of the reply box all the way into the blue border.
:vroam:
:fight:
:burnout:
:birthday:

... or perhaps ... try 16 of :party:in a row. (No I will not post it.)

If you shrink the screen the spell-check icon comes back.

... Thom

Upvote 0
I agree.

BTW, I got this error when I clicked thanks on your post. It's a new one to me.

error.GIF

Reactions: Phases
Upvote 0
Hm. Hopefully that error is just due to our current load issue. Let me know if it pops up again. I thanked a couple posts successfully..

Edit: also it looks like there is a second line of text. If you see it again, try to copy/paste all of it.

Will do. I have never seen it before so it more than likely is a one off thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones