• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to connect HTC Desire phone to HTC software

Hi, I have been trying to connect my HTC Desire 320 with Android Version 4.4.2 to my computer with Windows 8 software. Unfortunately, HTC software is not recognizing phone. I have tried doing the following-

1. I have enabled USB Debugging.
2. I have uninstalled HTC synch, run Msconfig and disabled all.

Can you help?

I don't use the HTC software, but if you've uninstalled HTC Sync what HTC software are you trying to to use? I'd suggest downloading the latest HTC Sync Manager and trying that. Drivers are the commonest problem with Windows, which is why I'm suggesting trying this.

I can't think why USB debugging would be needed (most owners wouldn't know how to turn it on so it would be pointless to require it).

Have you tried a different cable or USB port? It's quite possible for a cable to work for charging but not data. You've not said what messages you get either, which might contain some clues.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Hi Hadron, Many thanks for your answer,

1. I am using HTC software version 3.1.67.0
2. I have enabled USB debugging as I read that this may posssibly solve problem.
3. No I have not yet tried a different cable.
4. Yes I have used a different port.
5. you mentioned different drivers, can you advise which ones to download and also where I can find them.

Upvote 0
Usually installing the latest HTC Sync Manager will install the drivers. I actually don't use Windows, so have no direct experience of the driver problems.

If the phone detects that the cable is connected, what other options do you have on the phone, e.g. if you pull down the notification slide is there an option to enable e.g. USB file transfer, or media connection, or similar? It might be that enabling something like that would help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones