• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to connect to mobile network

Your APN settings may have changed.

Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > Provider Internet Name > and make sure the settings are the same as given to you by O2 in the information that came with the phone or on their website.

Alternatively, you should be able to ask them to automatically update the settings by SMS.

Upvote 0
Your APN settings may have changed.

Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > Provider Internet Name > and make sure the settings are the same as given to you by O2 in the information that came with the phone or on their website.

Alternatively, you should be able to ask them to automatically update the settings by SMS.

Had a similar problem myself this morning after updating and solved it by resetting my APN (O2) which solved the problem.:eek:

Upvote 0
Needed to do a factory reset on my two year old HTC Desire because I kept getting "running out of storage" messages - suggested by a friend.

It did the trick - the phone is faster and now has enough space.

Problem 1: no matter the back up my phone contacts failed to reinstall (not a big problem, the list needed a clean)

Problem 2: failed to connect to mobile network. Tried the APN reset above (on Orange) but keep getting a "failed message"

Any help for problem 2 gratefully received.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones