• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to find/play 3gp videos using Camcorder

rkrpxz

Lurker
Jun 27, 2011
I have searched these forums and also Google, in general, and I appear to be the only person facing this problem. I bought my HTC Desire HD about 5 months ago and have not had any unusual problems with it, other than the ones mentioned in the sticky topic. A couple of days ago, however, I used the built-in Camcorder app to record 3 videos. Today, I wanted to review and upload them to YouTube, but they didn't show up in the Gallery application. I was a bit surprised, so I used the Astro File Explorer app to search the SD card and I found the files in /sdcard/DCIM/100MEDIA. They were 3gp files and when I tried to open one of them (in Astro), I got some kind of error.

I have a couple of questions.
a. Why does the Gallery not show videos shot in the Camcorder? To highlight this weirdness, I would like to point out that videos shot using the Camera application do show up in Gallery!
b. Considering that the built-in app chose to save the video as a 3gp file, isn't it common sense to include a 3gp player? Do I have to actually download a 3gp player to play these videos?

Regards,
Swaroop Rao

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones