• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to move apps to external sd card. Possible?

I can find no way to move any of my downloaded apps to the external sd card on my F7. This is the first Android phone that wouldn't allow me to do this. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a secret handshake I need to know? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Okay so i finally found an answer. I got the f7 from boost mobile and thought what the heck! why cant i move apps? So first you need to root your phone and download app2sd. you cant move apps with that app but i use it to check which apps are available to move. then download Aparted and partion your sd card. then download link2sd and choose an app create link and move to sd card and viola!

Upvote 0
Hey guys. I'm new to the optimus f7, but I'm definitely not new to the emulated SD card issue. Seems all phones that come out after ICS are doing it, even some ICS phones. I hate the ICS era for that lol.
But, I need a solution to this. What to do?
Apps to SD card won't work, foldermount seems to only work with actual files, and not linking apps to SD card.

Anyone figure anything out? I love th phone entirely, but this is the only complaint I have. Couldn't be happier, regardless!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones