• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to move files with phone apps - please help!

I was trying to free up space for my phone apps to run, by moving music files from the /emmc/music folder to my SD card. I succeded only when I resorted to using my PC connection, when both Astro and ES Explorer gave me "files cannot be moved" errors. I would prefer not to have done it this way, when I could have made use of such apps, but some part of the system is set against this. My phone isn't rooted, but I doubt that is the reason, as my PC was able to access files under /emmc (but not /system), and move them to my SD card. With my phone apps it's different, in that I cannot perform any operations at all under the root, not even copy (but I can look) Please help if you can!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones