• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Unable to save the network"

Sonicpanda

Lurker
Oct 12, 2012
Hello! I just today got a Galaxy S3 and I absolutely love it. One problem that is absolutely driving me crazy is that I cannot connect it to my home WIFI.

When I click on my WIFI name and enter the password, it immediately backs out and says "Unable to save the network"

I have no idea why it is doing this or what I can do about it. Every post I've seen online about this same situation was never answered, and the thread just died without a single post on it. I don't have a big data plan, so I really need to be able to connect to the WIFI.

Thank you in advance!

Same on my daughter's Huawei. They used to work with any wifi, and now it won't autofind any networks, and if I try to manually add it, I get the "unable to save the network" error.

I've tried taking security off the router to no avail, and I don't think that's the issue since no router anywhere works or is even sensed by the phone now. My other daughter has the same issue with her Huawei (we got them at the same time). 2.3 Android, btw

I've also looked everywhere and there's never an answer for this issue. Maybe it's still a mystery to everybody.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones