• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to switch to "Silent/Vibrate" state while listening to music

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Hello there,

I currently own a Nexus 5 and got the latest Android Lollipop(5.0) update installed. It looks extremely beautiful. But I did notice one feature missing. Listing the issue below in detail. Hope it gives proper direction to the issue I am facing.
  • From the previous android version, the current version requires you to use the "Volume control" button to go from the "Loud/ringer" state to the "Silent/Vibrate" state. The silent(no vibrate, no ring) state also seems to be missing. The previous Android version (4.4.4 I think) had the option of switching between states by keeping the power button pressed and the three options of silent, loud and vibrate would appear below the "Power off" option.
  • So now with the current option available in 5.0, if a user is listening to music and is in "Loud State" and wants to switch to the "vibrate State", he is not able to do so.
  • As the use of the volume control reduces the volume of the mp3 player too. Even if the user comes out of the mp3 player (Music still playing) and onto the main screen, the volume button reduces the volume of the music being played.
  • If the user wants to switch states he needs to go to settings -> sound & notifications and adjust the Ring volume from there.
I am not sure if this is even a problem with a fix already available that I do not know of. If so, enlighten me on the very same. If it is a problem, I am hoping this will be fixed in the next update. Either way, help would be much appreciated. :)

Andy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones