• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

undecided...

so i came on here to see what i could expect if i get the htc hero phone for sprint. i've been looking for a new phone this instinct i got can get cancer and die for all i care.

there is a toss up with a bb and the hero. i am leaning more toward the hero but the no keyboard thing is making me weary. it's one of the reasons i'm destroying my instinct. the touch screen texting is horrible. i press the t and a c gets typed.

things i like about a bb is they are kinda customizable. lots of apps and things like bbm. plus almost everyone i know has one. i would like more customization like what i'm seeing on this forum with the hero.

so what's everyone's honest opinion on the hero? the ups the downs and everything in between.

I love the Hero, but the fact that you don't like touchscreen keyboards will probably have you hating it.

This is the first phone in 10+ years that I have ever LOVED and have ever owned for more then 2 or 3 months. I've had this phone for almost 4 months and love it more and more every day.

Never owned a BB so I couldn't help you out there.

Upvote 0
thanks bigmerf...

kelmar... as i said with no keyboard i'm kinda weary. how is texting and typing with the hero? that's why i'm here to learn more about the phone from actual users and not from the media hype.

there's a lot about the bb's i just don't like. the keyboard they do have is made for people with pencil point fingertips. two of my human sized fingers take up more than have the keyboard. and the screens are so small even with my perfect seeing eyes it's a struggle to see words and pictures on it.

why don't companies make phones for humans? instead they make these miniature disasters. with technology where it is. i should be able to get a phone that is decent sized, has a large keyboard and multi-touch screen, enough memory to hold more than a few phone numbers and handful of ringers and pics and can be nearly completely customizable. i guess that's asking too much.

so i'll have to settle for ugly, small phones made for business men in china and celebrity tarts.

Upvote 0
thanks bigmerf...

kelmar... as i said with no keyboard i'm kinda weary. how is texting and typing with the hero? that's why i'm here to learn more about the phone from actual users and not from the media hype.

there's a lot about the bb's i just don't like. the keyboard they do have is made for people with pencil point fingertips. two of my human sized fingers take up more than have the keyboard. and the screens are so small even with my perfect seeing eyes it's a struggle to see words and pictures on it.

why don't companies make phones for humans? instead they make these miniature disasters. with technology where it is. i should be able to get a phone that is decent sized, has a large keyboard and multi-touch screen, enough memory to hold more than a few phone numbers and handful of ringers and pics and can be nearly completely customizable. i guess that's asking too much.

so i'll have to settle for ugly, small phones made for business men in china and celebrity tarts.
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones