• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unexpected benefits

karmamule

Nov 21, 2009
We're all familiar with the 'big ticket' features that make us want the Thunderbolt: 40G of storage out of the box, LTE speeds, solid processor, etc. etc. Now that some of us have been using it for a bit have you discovered any unexpected benefits or nice features that you weren't particularly thinking of?

For me I'm finding I'm much better at text entry due to the slightly larger screen size compared to my Incredible. My speed is much better for texting etc.

I also was pleasantly surprised by headphone sound quality: I stream music all day at work, and using the same headphones as before I'm finding the sound to have stronger bass and a much richer feel to it overall.

I also got a big grin on my face with the first call I got: I was chatting and then set the phone down on my desk and it automatically switched to speakerphone. I had read about this before but it was great to see it in action.

Anyone else seeing any unexpected features or benefits in their Thunderbolt so far?

I have not got to play with it to much yet because right after Best Buy I had to go pick up my new Ninja. Oh yeah today is like xmass for me. But so far for me the fact that it's NOT coming soon.

You spoiled shit...ha, what kind of ninja did you get? Im rollin around on a 2010 Z1000

As for the extra good stuff, Honestly, 4g aside, my only concern with this phone was to have a smooth operating system. I loved my evo, but i always felt like it was kinda struggling to do all the amazing things it does. Now i feel like i finally have the horse as well as the carriage

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones