• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uninstalled "Graffiti" and virtual keyboard disappeared?

theatregirl

Lurker
Feb 28, 2011
Looking for an alternative keyboard, I found the app "Graffiti" earlier today. (Basically, it allows you to "draw" the letter and will then input it for you instead of typing.) I didn't like it after trying it, so I uninstalled it. Then when I went to text with the Android keyboard, the virtual keyboard had disappeared entirely.

The Android keyboard is enabled in Settings, and I can still type with the actual slide-out keyboard. But the virtual on-screen keyboard is just gone.

Anyone have advice? It would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

-theatregirl

The Android keyboard is enabled in Settings, and I can still type with the actual slide-out keyboard. But the virtual on-screen keyboard is just gone.

Did you try turning the phone off completely and then back on again?

Next thing to try is removing your battery after you turn the phone off. Wait 30 seconds, reinstall the battery, turn the phone on again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones