• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help uninstalled netflix app still shows on device as installed.

vincek18

Lurker
Jun 13, 2012
Well that's the problem. I uninstalled netflix earlier today, in order to then reinstall it in hopes to fix a problem. So I uninstalled it then removed it from carousel. I then went to reinstall it and noticed that the install arrow wasn't on the Icon which was peculiar. So I clicked on it and it rerouted me to the store. It gives me the option to open it, but not install. I tried clicking on the Icon in the app library and selecting remove from device, but it tells me that the app isn't installed. So double whammy. What's going on?
:(

I'm having the same problem. Netflix was choppy and lagging-which it has never done before-so I decided to uninstall it then reinstall it in hopes of fixing the problem. Now in the app store the only option is to open the app which it won't do. I can't even reinstall the app. It still shows up in my list of apps on my device, but when I try to uninstall it again, it says some thing about it not being on the list of installed apps. Please tell me if you figure out a solution, because I enjoy netflix on my Kindle and am thinking about reseting to factory defaults to fix the problem, but that would erase all my saved data-I think. :(

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem. Netflix was choppy and lagging-which it has never done before-so I decided to uninstall it then reinstall it in hopes of fixing the problem. Now in the app store the only option is to open the app which it won't do. I can't even reinstall the app. It still shows up in my list of apps on my device, but when I try to uninstall it again, it says some thing about it not being on the list of installed apps. Please tell me if you figure out a solution, because I enjoy netflix on my Kindle and am thinking about reseting to factory defaults to fix the problem, but that would erase all my saved data-I think. :(

Me to but only with kingdoms and lords I got a blue screen uninstalled and now when I try to reinstall it says open I held the appp Icon and hit uninstall but it said app not found or something

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones