• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unique notifications and led for each kind of notification

discohornet

Dec 27, 2009
I have been a rooted motorola droi user for a long time so I got spoiled.

I now have the razr and want to be able to asign a unique notification ringtone and a unique led to the following things:

Text Message

Gmail

Missed Call

Calendar Event

At the very least I want a red led and different notification sound for Gmail, something I thought was easily adjustable by going into Gmail and choosing a different notification ringtone. But this baby doesn't have any options for gmail.

Do I need an app? Wait for rooting?

i use handcent for texts and can set my led and notification for texts in there. gmail (settings > tap on the account name > labels to notify) and calendar events both have native options for notification sounds. i use "light flow" for different color led's (and it has a bunch of other settings for all different kinds of notifications) - try it, it's awesome!

Upvote 0
i use handcent for texts and can set my led and notification for texts in there. gmail (settings > tap on the account name > labels to notify) and calendar events both have native options for notification sounds. i use "light flow" for different color led's (and it has a bunch of other settings for all different kinds of notifications) - try it, it's awesome!

I tried to set the Handcent led colors and nothing happening. Did you actually set the colors and see it work? If you did, wonder what I am doing wrong..

I am a huge fan of different color led's. It makes life easy when just glancing at the phone to see what kind of messages I have.

Upvote 0
I tried to set the Handcent led colors and nothing happening. Did you actually set the colors and see it work? If you did, wonder what I am doing wrong..

I am a huge fan of different color led's. It makes life easy when just glancing at the phone to see what kind of messages I have.

if you're using light flow with handcent there's an additional setting you need to check... go into light flow and tap on notifications. under SMS and MMS, make sure that "alternate on monitoring" is checked. this will allow light flow to work with handcent.

give it a shot. if you need more specifics, you can PM me and we can compare all of our settings.

Upvote 0
I can't get "always on" LED to work with Light Flow? The colors I've selected come up fine but they are blinking. Can anyone else get it to work?

edit: Actually just read on their FAQ that not all phones support it because it can drain the battery too much? Maybe thats the case for the Razr?

^^^probably. not every feature will work on every phone with every app. you can always email the dev. i did about the handcent thing and he got back to me quickly with a couple of options to try and explanations of why. pretty good!

Reactions: callmeal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones