• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unique Wireless malfunction after Stratophere root

thurzatuhl

Lurker
Nov 14, 2012
This problem is unique in that re-flashing the kernel, hard resetting the phone, or disabling mobile data has not solved it.

I flashed my phone according to RootzWiki's "[KERNEL] [GUIDE] Root Your Stratosphere! :)" article. Everything went well after my phone rebooted except that my wireless was off by default, and I got the dreaded "Unable to scan networks" message so many people have gotten.

I restarted, I soft reset, I hard reset numerous times, I reinstalled the kernel 7 times, and I disabled mobile data, but the problem persists. I really doubt it is a hardware issue as it arose literally immediately after rooting. I'm not sure where to go from here, perhaps another kernel? Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones