• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unknown App Using lots of Battery

BenGBoo

Lurker
Jul 26, 2016
Hey everyone! I'm newer to the forums so I'll apologize up front for anything I'm doing wrong here, but here's my problem:

My Galaxy S7 has some random app using a lot of battery, here's an image: http://imgur.com/a/guqU7

The app is called "10232", and I've never seen it before. Before I'd restarted my phone it was using about 25% of my battery. The one thing it could possibly be is the new launcher I've been using, "Action Launcher", though if it's Action wouldn't it show that instead of "10232"?

Does anyone have any ideas at to what this might be? Thanks in advances for your time & help!

Hi @BenGBoo, and welcome to Android Forums :)

Have you uninstalled any apps lately? I've occasionally encountered a scenario when Android would display the numerical process ID of an uninstalled application rather than its name, particularly in a historical record like the battery consumption graph.

If that's the case - congrats! I think you already got rid of the bad app!

Otherwise... we may have to do some more digging.

For whatever it's worth, I also use (and love) Action Launcher and rarely see it use more than 5% of my battery. It's usually not even on the list!

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Hi @BenGBoo, and welcome to Android Forums :)

Have you uninstalled any apps lately? I've occasionally encountered a scenario when Android would display the numerical process ID of an uninstalled application rather than its name, particularly in a historical record like the battery consumption graph.

If that's the case - congrats! I think you already got rid of the bad app!

Otherwise... we may have to do some more digging.

For whatever it's worth, I also use (and love) Action Launcher and rarely see it use more than 5% of my battery. It's usually not even on the list!

Hi, thanks a ton for the quick response!

I'm thinking that I may have uninstalled whatever it was. I restarted my phone again to see how much the battery usage graph said it was using right from starting up, but I then realized that old graph data is saved in between boots... I remember that I uninstalled an antivirus app that was using loads of battery and it's possible the battery graph was just hanging on to the process ID you mentioned and it was still working it's way off the graph.

Haha, I guess that's probably what it was, thanks a ton for your help!

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones