• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"unknown artist" file and album artwork

lowman

Lurker
Apr 2, 2013
When I sync album to galaxy 3 the first song always goes into a new unknown artist file. Even when I simply copy album (windows). The music files never show an unknown artist file. I hope this has been addressed here, but I'm new. Also, I get rediculous, pointless pics instead of album artwork. I do not program, am very basic w/ phone knowledge. Thanks

Hello and ni hao lowman welcome to Android Forums. :)

When I sync album to galaxy 3 the first song always goes into a new unknown artist file. Even when I simply copy album (windows). The music files never show an unknown artist file. I hope this has been addressed here, but I'm new. Also, I get rediculous, pointless pics instead of album artwork. I do not program, am very basic w/ phone knowledge. Thanks

Yes I'm sure this has come up before, the "Unknown" problem, and wierd things happening with album art. Have you been using Apple iTunes to manage your music library? Apparently some players can have problems with a particular way iTunes handles MP3 ID3 tagging. The fix is either use a different Android media player app, or retag your MP3 library using something like MP3Tagger or Winamp.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones