• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unknown Bands?

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    hey guys,
    so i wanted to start a thread where we can all share bands that are not mainstream or not well known. these are bands who you think are awesome but has yet to make it big and that most people may not know about them.

so i want to start by spreading the word about SCREAMINGFEMALES. i just saw them at a concert and they shreaded like no other. the lead singer is this tiny female singer weighing less then 100 lbs, but man she plays and sings like she is a giant. she is a mix of jimi hendrix, joan jett, and patti smith. her guitar skills are off the charts. her music is cocktail of punk and hendrix mixed together. please check them out if you get a chance or see them live.

if you guys have any other unknown bands that you would like to give a shout out please feel free to do so here.

Hmm... not sure how unknown these are, but I think they probably count. ;)

> S.T.U.N
    > Gogol Bordello
    > Bomb the Music Industry!

I'm gonna check out screamingfemales though, I've always had a fondness for female punk singers. Which reminds me, Cheeky is a pretty good band of mostly gals. (think there was a guy or two in there).

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Great recommendation, OCN! I've been watching some Youtube vids by Screaming Females and I like the band. Time to add some new music to my Google Cloud. I'll be watching this thread

yeah they just played at the Palladium in hollywood. the strange thing though was that she was sooo quiet on stage. but when they started playing everybody was like whooo who is this chick. and man her guitar solos are so like jimi hendrix it was crazy.

but i will look into those that 9to5 reccomended.

Upvote 0
    Active Child - You Are All I See.

This is an amazing album.
    Active Child is... sort of an indescribable genre. You will likely enjoy it if you enjoy music such as Washed Out. I really can't think of a mainstream band that they sound like. Very unique and beautiful vocals.
    "Experimental, Indie, Chillwave, Dream Pop, Avante-Garde" was how last.fm described Active Child.

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones