• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unknown Root of my Galaxy Tab 3

Having a problem with the battery recharge on my SGT 3 8" I went in to do a software update and it says that my Tab has have 'Custom Software' ie it's been rooted and that it cannot update the software anymore.

I called Samsung as I haven't rooted my Tab. I know absolutely nothing about rooting and most certainly haven't attempted to Root my Tab yet they have told me, by connecting to my Tab remotely, that it is definitely rooted.

HOW THE HECK could that have happened? I bought it new and no-one else really has access to it.

I just don't get it at all! What's going on?

On some further advice I installed a couple of Root Checkers:

RESULTS :

JoeyKrims Root Checker - "Sorry! This device does not have root access" Current Device - SM-T310, Android Version 4.2.2

JRummys Root Check - NOT ROOTED

They are both telling me I'm not rooted. I'm very Confused.com!:( Anyone know what's going on?
Attached Files:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-03-16-07-24.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-03-16-07-24.png
    194.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_2015-01-03-16-11-58.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-03-16-11-58.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 62

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones