• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unknown/unwanted app...

PintLasher

Lurker
Sep 6, 2011
Ok so here's the deal. Got my first android phone last week and been adding apps and programs to it. Basically just having fun in general. Today at some time or another an app was installed without my knowledge or permission.

The app is titled com.unity3d.player and when I click on it it says "application not installed on your phone" and because it isn't installed I can't even remove it.

Has anybody had a similar random install like this??

Because the program is some kind of media based app and I've been trying to add video files to my device, I am wondering if this is something that the programs format factory or handbrake could have tried to do without my permission?

I'm worried that it might be a virus because I never went near anything by "unity3d" while I was on my phone and yet here it is... I'm no technotard and I'm always safe on the internet when it comes to links and downloads but I have never before now even heard of unity3d (apparently it's a big company.) Can't find any similar problems elsewhere around the net.

The phone I'm using is a Samsung Infuse 4g with stock rom and gingerbread 2.3 Any help would be muchly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones