1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

unlimited data pricing, but for how long?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by yamamonster600, Feb 3, 2011.

1. yamamonster600

yamamonster600 Well-Known Member

ordered my wife one of those dumb fruity phones and noticed this on the website

Pricing

Are there minimum service and data pricing requirements when purchasing iPhone 4?
    Yes, iPhone customers will need an unlimited data package $29.99 or higher (available for a limited time only).

And no option for 1 year contracts, 2 years or full price.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Android Expert

3. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

All smartphones require a data plan. Though you shouldn't be forced to get the unlimited package. Unless for some reason they've changed that with the iPhone.

4. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast

the dropped the other plan 150mb/$15 on jan 31st

the unlimited is the only one left

and i for one am glad
    given the posts on vzw forums and the attitude shown by many of the ophone orderers, they sould be complianing of overages within days of getting the phone

5. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

I say let those who get that plan and go over complain all they want when the bill comes. But for those who want a smartphone, never go over 150mb, and want to save some coin, it was a good plan. Sad to know it's not there for those who want/need it anymore.

Wow, between this and the change from the 30 day return policy to a 15 day return policy, Verizon really IS giving less and less options to thier customers!

6. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast

you forgot the new throttling, top 5% of customers for data usage will be throttled :)

7. mobilenoob

mobilenoob Newbie

Yeah , It's really great when customers choices are removed . Time to throw a party . The facts are simple ; even if you where to be statistically in the bottom 5% of bandwidth users , you still get to.....

$$ PAY $$ the same as the top5% . They obviously feel that they can get away with it . Time will tell.

8. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

Yeah, the thing is I'd say the top 5% are fully aware of the way to get around throttling. So it's really pretty pointless.